RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jetskifishing Rental Skis-Auckland

2 posters

Go down

Jetskifishing Rental Skis-Auckland Empty Jetskifishing Rental Skis-Auckland

Post  Jetskifishing Wed Nov 12 2008, 20:11

There has been a few enquiries of potential jetskifishoes who want to hire a jetski or two to try the whole experience before they go ahead and buy a whole package. Any thoughts on this idea on how much a respectable hire fee in Auckland for the whole experience for 4 hours would be appreciated. Keeping in mind a standard jetski ( not equipped for fishing and without a guide is approx $350 for 4 hours)
Iinterested if there is a demand for newbies and how much is a viable price for the whole jetskifishing buzz.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 735
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : Snapper - 17 Pound, Kingfish - 19 kilo
Job/hobbies : The jetskifishing guy
Humor : Funny Ha!Ha!
Registration date : 2008-10-14

http://www.jetskifishing.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Jetskifishing Rental Skis-Auckland Empty Re: Jetskifishing Rental Skis-Auckland

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Nov 13 2008, 01:59

I have made a bit of progress, for insurance purposes, a guide is needed to make economical rental for bond issues, considering the proposed distances, ie the Noises and Tiri from Half Moon Bay Marina. The cost looks like $380 * same price for 1 or 2 people per ski ( for 4 hours which should be plenty of time) price including launching and retrieval, plus fuel. I suppose for us that know the buzz, it has been compared to Bungy jumping, Heli fishing etc, with you have the control of the whole experience and look how much those sports cost!
I hope if people have fish the experience will be even more worthwhile, especially with the price of Snapper.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Thu Nov 13 2008, 07:26

Sounds great Andrew... but I would like to think that on a calm Auckland day, some of us may even allow a passenger to 'tag' along for a quick trip out to fish... I know that the experience wouldn't be complete without being solely in control of your own ski which would be a big ask (considering the potential costs involved), but even for a short trip as a passanger could give a potential 'buyer' and fellow fisherman (or woman) enough of a buzz to commit to this rather freeing hobby.

I would be happy to discuss this more should anyone be keen... a few dollars towards fuel for an hour or so out on the water would be greater than the $400 cost of hiring... unless you really want to play, then hiring would be your only option!
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetskifishing Thu Nov 13 2008, 07:59

Yes Ducky, you are right about the expense, but being realistic the hire will be for a brand new Waverunner and the rider will get the full experience of the to and from the spots with the independance that we enjoy!
I have taken plenty of people as passengers and still do, but the serious punters really want to try it out before they committ to something they have only read about. I think it might be quite a good thing for the corporate world and presents etc. I have had the jetskifishing buzz on a good day compared by other riders as more fun than Heli Fishing and Bungy Jumping, I wouldn't know as I have done neither, all I know we have a great time on the water every time and we can waist our money on worst things.
Jetskifishing
Jetskifishing
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducky Thu Nov 13 2008, 08:43

Totally agree... !
Ducky
Ducky

Male
Number of posts : 138
PWC : Seadoo GTX
Job/hobbies : Jetski, kayaking, fishing, computers, mountain biking...
Humor : Very much!
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down